Location: Beloit, WI
Job Type: Volunteer
The library relies on our Book Buddies program to help us with our Summer Library Club events June 10-August 15. Book Buddies are volunteers, age 14 to 18, who help with crowd-control at programs, getting projects ready for programs, set up for programs, participation in programming in a helper capacity, and other tasks as needed.
We would like for the Book Buddies to volunteer 2 to 4 hours per day at least twice a week. The programs we need the most help with are:
Mondays from 1:00-3:30 p.m. (Program Prep-Arts and Crafts/Snacks)
Tuesdays from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. (Tales and Treats)
Wednesdays from 9:30 to 12:00 p.m. (Preschool Story Times)
Wednesdays from1:00 to 5:00 p.m. but varies with programs-some night hours this year (Tween Programs)
Thursdays and Fridays and occasional Saturdays – times and dates vary (Family Programs).
If you are interested in being a Book Buddy this summer, please fill out an application and return it to any service desk at the library by Friday, May 31st.
We will have a Book Buddy Informational Meeting on Friday, May 31st at 4:00 p.m. Please check in at the green service desk. If you are unable to attend, please call (608) 364-2905 and leave a message.
Head of Programming and Community Engagement
Salary: $51,500-$56,000 Starting Range
Location: Beloit, WI
Job Type: Full-Time (exempt)
Beloit Public Library is seeking an energetic and customer-service oriented individual to become a member of our team as Head of Programming and Community Engagement (HPCE).
Beloit Public Library implements a forward-thinking service model that actively engages customers by removing traditional library structures and barriers. As the HPCE, you will lead the development and delivery of library programming for all ages and cultivate partnerships in our diverse community.
You will create a swirl of energy, excitement, and activity within the building that results in a buzz throughout the community. You will be dynamic, energetic, collaborative, forward thinking, and influential. In short: Be Awesome!
The position requires an MLS from an ALA-accredited library school; five years of increasingly responsible experience in public library service to youth and/or adults and teens, including experience in reference, collection development, programming, and employee supervision; and the ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position. Salary range is $51,500-$74,172. For details, see job description; for vision, contact Library Director Nick Dimassis at (608)314-5091.
Beloit Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration, please complete an online application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beloitwi. Applications will be accepted through Friday, May 31, 2019, or until the job is filled.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in public library service to youth and/or adults and teens, including experience in reference, collection development, programming, and employee supervision.
- Ability to meet the transportation requirements of the position.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to information requests from customers.
- Ability to supervise effectively and positively.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to speak comfortably and effectively in public.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work.
Beloit Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For consideration for a position, please click here to apply.