Have you made the move to Libby? If you are an OverDrive app user, you’ll want to start thinking about making the switch to Libby.
For years, OverDrive has maintained two apps — the legacy OverDrive app and the newer Libby app. Libby was developed as a more user-friendly interface, and the company has spent a lot of time further developing it to enhance user experience and add new features. The plan was always to sunset the legacy app, and now the time has come.
If you enjoy reading using the OverDrive app, you’ll love Libby. Libby offers the same great collections as OverDrive but more features, including:
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- Best-in-class ebook reader and audiobook player
- Wish list syncing
- Push notifications
- Support for multiple world languages
- Access to “Extras,” including streaming video services, educational courses, and more
- Sonos speaker integration
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
- And More!
The OverDrive legacy app is no longer available from the Apple Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft Store, but existing users of OverDrive are still able to access and use the app and its content. However, they are being asked to transition to Libby by the end of 2022. Just like the legacy app, Libby is free and available for download from all of your favorite app stores. Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed ebooks to your Kindle ereader (U.S. only).
Get started today with Libby! If you currently use the legacy OverDrive app and need assistance with your transition, stop in and chat with BPL staff … or visit https://help.overdrive.com.