Beginning on Monday, May 4, Beloit Public Library will offer contactless, curbside pickup of materials from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Materials will be limited to items available through the Beloit catalog and will be offered by appointment only. The holds system will be reopened on Sunday morning to accommodate new requests.
In order to pick up materials, a patron will need to place a hold on the item(s) they would like. This can be done online through your account (www.beloitlibrary.org), by email (email@example.com) or by phone (608-364-2905).
Phones and emails will be staffed weekdays, beginning May 4.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PICKUP
STEP ONE: Place an order
Holds can be placed through your account online (www.beloitlibrary.org), by phone (608-364-2905), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Holds are limited to items in the BPL catalog only. Please limit yourself to five items per cardholder.
STEP TWO: Arrange a pickup time
Once the hold is created and pulled from the shelf, staff will contact you for a pickup time. Curbside pickup will be available 10am-2pm Monday through Friday by appointment only.
STEP THREE: Pick up your order
Arrive at your prearranged pickup time and follow the signs in our parking lot for location and instructions. Patrons will need to exit their vehicle to pick up their items off of a designated table. Items will be bagged and clearly marked with your last name and first initial. Please arrive on time. Items not picked up will be returned to shelves. Handicap accommodations can be made in advance when arranging a pickup time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RETURNS
Beginning Monday, BPL also will begin to accept the return of materials. Returns will be accepted ONLY through the drive-up book drops located on the south side of the building from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Outside of those hours, book drops will be locked to allow a quarantine period before staff handle and process materials. Staff will not accept in-person returns.
Please note: Due to the quarantine of returns, materials may remain on your account for a week or more after returning. All materials currently are due June 9 with no fines accruing.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this new service for you!
The building will remain closed to the public until further notice, and book donations will NOT be accepted.
If, for any reason, you are unable to access your account online to either place a hold or use materials available electronically, please message us on Facebook, and we will access your account remotely to help trouble-shoot. Continue to follow and visit our Facebook page for updates. After May 4, feel free to call our main line for help as well: (608)364-2905.
CHOOSE ONE OF THREE WAYS TO PLACE A HOLD
Place a Hold Online (Preferred):
• Go to Your Account at www.beloitlibrary.org and log in with your library card number and PIN.
• Use the search field near the top of the page to find what you are looking for.
• Click the Place Hold button to the right of the item.
• A box will pop up on the screen. Select Beloit Public Library.
• Click the Place Hold button.
• The box should change to say “Success” under Action.
• Click OK to close the box.
• The system will notify you (by email, text, or call, depending on how your
preferences are set in the system) when the item is available for pickup.
• We will follow up by phone to schedule a time for pickup.
Place a Hold By Phone:
• Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., call our main line: (608)364-2905.
• While you are on the phone, we will process your request electronically.
• We will schedule a time when you can pick up your items.
Place a Hold By Email:
• Email us at email@example.com with your request
• Please include:
o Your name,
o Your BPL card number, if you know it,
o Your phone number, and
o The item(s) you are requesting.
• We will attempt to locate your requests and pull them from the shelves.
• We will call you to schedule a time when you can pick up your items.