The health and safety of our community and staff members are of utmost priority. Therefore, effective immediately, all Beloit Public Library programs, events, and outreach activities are cancelled until further notice.
We also are cancelling meetings for outside groups with an expected attendance of 50 or more people. For groups with smaller expected attendance, it will be up to each individual group to determine whether to cancel. Any individuals entering our building will be encouraged to practice the CDC’s recommended safety precautions including thorough handwashing, social distancing, and staying home if sick.
- All library-sponsored programs, meetings, outreach, and activities both inside and outside of our building are cancelled.
- Programs and meetings sponsored by outside groups will be decided by the group’s organizer.
- Meetings with more than 50 persons in attendance are cancelled—regardless of the sponsor.
- Some public computers are now unavailable to increase “social distancing” between users.
- All patrons are encouraged to use the self-check stations to limit the person-to-person contact.
For patrons looking for material to read, watch, and/or listen, consider staying at home and using our online streaming resources such as Hoopla, Libby, and Overdrive. Our staff are happy to help walk you through getting set up if you never have used these resources.
If you have materials coming due, you can renew them through your account on our SHARE catalog, in the BookMyne catalog app, or by calling our main line at (608) 364-2905. Our drive-up book drop on the south side of our building is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As for our partner agencies who reside in Beloit Public Library:
- Blackhawk Technical College is currently on spring break and will not hold classes at BPL until the end of March, if not later. All classes will be held online beginning Wednesday, March 18. (Monday and Tuesday classes are cancelled.)
- Stateline Literacy Council is still scheduled to hold classes until end of semester. The fate of next week’s fundraiser at Thirsty Badger is yet to be decided.
- FSET Program is limiting its footprint to one person meeting clients per day at BPL.
Please refer to these trusted resources for additional information about COVID-19:
The situation with COVID-19 is ever-evolving, which requires our organization to be fluid and decisions to sometimes be made quickly. We will continue to monitor federal, state, county, and local agencies for guidance with each step moving forward. Thank you for your understanding and support during this difficult situation for all.